Skip to content
Home
Favourites
0
Advanced Search
Shopping Cart
0
Register
Log In
Images of Edinburgh
Browse Map
Area A - Z
Browse by Date
Exhibitions
Current Exhibition
All Exhibitions
Collections
About the Collections
Browse by Theme
Subject A - Z
The image library for the collections of Edinburgh Libraries and Museums and Galleries
Images of Edinburgh
Browse Map
Area A - Z
Browse by Date
Exhibitions
Current Exhibition
All Exhibitions
Collections
About the Collections
Browse by Theme
Subject A - Z
Mary of Guise's House, Coalhill and Old Bridgend
McKean, John, 1880, Photograph
Mary of Guise's House, Coalhill and Old Bridgend
Mary of Guise's House, Coalhill and Old Bridgend
Add to Favourites
Share
Item record
About this image
Related
Location
Responses
Category
Library Item
Item no
35600
Title
Page from Leith Miscellany, volume III, Mary of Guise's House, Coalhill and Old Bridgend
Artist / maker
McKean, John
Date
1880
Type
Photograph
This building is believed to have been erected by Mary of Guise, the mother of Mary Queen of Scots, as a meeting place for her privy council. It was demolished in 1887. Old Bridgend is on the right.
Exhibitions with this item
Other views of this item
Related images
Related subjects
Business
>
Service industry
>
Shops
Homes
>
Derelict buildings and excavation sites
>
Disrepair (homes)
Homes
>
Residential buildings
>
Tenements
People
>
Adults
>
Groups
People
>
Adults
>
Men
People
>
Adults
>
Women
Places
>
Edinburgh areas
>
Leith
Places
>
Scotland
>
Edinburgh
Read how our collections have inspired people taking part in events, visits and community groups. Use the slider or navigation arrows to see more responses.
People were asked…
Response
Rights and purchasing
Use
Category
Reproduction
Circulation
Duration
Region
Required information
Media options