We want to make Capital Collections easy to use and our content richer and relevant. This sometimes involves placing cookies on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are simple pieces of data stored on your hard drive. They are safe as they cannot be used to disseminate viruses and they can't be executed as code. Cookies we use cannot be used to identify you personally as no personal information such as telephone numbers or email addresses are stored within these cookies. Find out how to delete or control cookies on your computer at AboutCookies.org.
- www.capitalcollections.org.uk - session identifier
- JSESSIONID - session identifier
- PHPSESSID - session identifier
- BALANCEDID - load balancer identifier
We use Google Analytics to collect statistical data about our visitors. We collect this information in a way that does not identify you and the data is not shared with anybody else.
- __utma Keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.
- __utmb Records moment in time when a visitor enters a site and expires at the end of the session.
- __utmc Records moment in time when a visitor leaves a site and expires after 30 minutes.
- __utmz Keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on and what keyword was used.
Third party cookies
Our site has a number of pages with links to content from a third party. Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device from a third party are not related to www.capitalcollections.org.uk.
The City of Edinburgh Council does not control how a third party uses their cookies. Please check third party websites' privacy policies: